Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week one down

Well, we had our first week of school... I have a lot of work to do by Sept. 25th, so it wasn't very relaxing. Monday I get to go down to my Russian Old Believer school, and I'm excited to see that community- the drive is supposed to be long, with tricky hills near the village, so that should be interesting...

Here's a big mural on the outside of Sol El, my home school- it's made of glass, and I like all the Alaska images, it's a fun thing to drive up to in the morning:


It rained all week, and I was so swamped with the schools, there isn't much exciting to report. I can tell I'm on the west coast because we get so much steady rain- I'm searching for a good rain coat. Yesterday it rained in the morning, but in the afternoon the electricity went out, so I went out into the Kenai Wildlife Refuge. It's right across the river from my apartment, and while I was out there, the rain started to clear up.

The Refuge is densely wooded, and looks like anywhere in the north woods, so it feels a little like home:


I didn't see any excitng wildlife though... just this moose statue. Kaeli is coming to visit next week, and so that weekend should be a ton of fun- hopefully no more of this rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment