Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall foliage with snow-topped peaks

This past week we had a conference in Anchorage. The trip up was an incredibly clear day with blue skies and beautiful scenery. The hills are all filled with fall foliage (strictly yellow and green, with a little orange), but the mountain tops are covered in snow from the first few snowfalls. It was so beautiful, I wanted to get out and take pictures, but a co-worker was riding with me, so I didn't. It was really beautiful, like seeing fall and winter at once. I got one shot:


On the way home, it was raining (and snowing in the mountains) so I wasn't able to get the incredible pictures I was hoping for. It was neat to see the scenery change though.

Turnagin Arm with snow:


Seward Highway: (it was cool to see both rain and snow simultaneously, I think it was my first time seeing that- but it was dark and so the pictures didn't turn out as well as it looked in person)


On the Kenai:


I have to go back to Anchorage next weekend to get my studded tires put on- hopefully it won't snow before then so I can get there safely. I am hoping that there will still be leaves on the trees and a beautiful clear day to see the nice scenery again.

No comments:

Post a Comment