
So I was telling my dad the other day that when the skies are clear, you can see Denali (Mt. McKinley) from here if you get up to a tall hill. Today was one of those incredibly clear beautiful days. I snapped a picture of Denali for you dad- it's not very good, but I pulled over on a narrow road at the top of a hill and hiked through knee-deep snow to snap a shot between the trees, so it's the best I could do:

See that white blob on the horizon? That's Mt. McKinley. Dad, you might need to double-click on the picture to see it enlarged. It kind of looks small, but keep in mind, that's over 200 miles away (400 if you're driving). As a comparison, here's the Alaska range from the same place, just across Cook Inlet:

More beautiful days for walks with Hooper- snowmobiles make fabulous paths through the woods:

Super tall trees:
No comments:
Post a Comment